Sheet Metal Fabrication Services(click on thumbnail to enlarge)
||Austin Waterjet offers precision CNC forming of sheet metal and plate such as mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum, brass, copper, etc. With European style precision ground tooling and repeatability of the hybrid servo-drive rams, we can offer tight tolerances and high production volume and still retain the versatility for prototype orders.
With the innovative “One Touch” punch holders and “Quick Change” V-dies, Austin Waterjet can offer faster and more accurate setups while maintaining tolerances of +/-0.005” up to 10 gauge thick and +/- 0.020 3/16” and thicker. These features combined with the sectionalized precision ground tooling allows for smooth transitions between different types of materials and thicknesses.
All of these features coupled with our sheet metal specific 2D/3D modeling software allows Austin Waterjet to import electronic drawing files such as DWG, DXF, PDF, IGES model, STEP model, or Solidworks model to produce a finished product in as short as 3-5 days. With our software we are also capable of creating our own 2D/3D electronic files which allows Austin Waterjet to make your concepts into reality.
“We also offer welding and light machining for a turn-key solution.”
CNC Forming Capabilities:
||Sheet Metal Fabrication
|Intended Forming Material
- Dependent upon Length of Part, Punch Radius & V-Die Combination, and Thickness and Type of Material.
- All Tooling is Precision Ground for Maximum Repeatability.
- Standard Tolerances
- +/- 0.005 10ga and thinner
- +/- 0.020 3/16 and thicker
- Final Tolerances will be included on each individual part quote.
- PC Based 8-Axis CNC Controller
- Hybrid Drive AC Servo Motors with Bidirectional Hydraulic Pumps
- Programmable Ram Tilting, 50% Off Center Bending, and Hydraulic Bed Crowning allow for tight tolerance repeatability on even the most complicated of parts.
- 88 Ton Ram
- Backgauge Repeatability +/- 0.0001, with a Maximum Depth of 27.5”
- 102” Maximum Forming Length at a depth of 16.3”, with 86.6” Bend Length between the Frame Rails.
3 Business Days
15 Business Days
IGS, IGES MODELS
GIF- Graphics Interchange Format
PDF- Portable Document Format
TIFF- Tagged Image File Format
back to top